Monday, July 8, 2013

Canning Season - Cherry Syrup


So, in all this canning mess, I'd never thought to make any fruit syrup from my cherries until I talked to my mom.

G-d bless Google. I found a recipe right away, and the proper method to get the syrup canned.

Here's how this will look in all practicality:



You'll wash and then sterilize your jars and lids, and get to making your syrup. Once the syrup is finished, the hard work is mostly done.  Put everything in your jars, seal, water bath for 10-15 minutes (depending on your altitude) and voilá, you have cherry syrup for pancakes or ice cream!

Cherry Syrup, J.Stahl 2013


This is good for a couple of weeks in your fridge, so don't think about canning it without doing more research.

Pop a comment down below if you've decided this is also an option for your family, and let me know how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment