Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday - Bentos!

Hi, sorry for the long hiatus since last week. I should be able to pick up where I left off, if I can keep my kitchen cooler in the mornings.

We've been having some of the hottest weather here, and I've not been compensating so well. Trying to get two meals cooked and out the door so early in the morning... you'd think that it wouldn't be hard, but it can be!  I ended up overheating yesterday while cooking breakfast and lunch, and I realized where the camera was all too late on Monday and today when I wanted to get things together to show you our bentos. 

I'm sure my neighbors heard me loudly exclaim "Noo!!!"  after I made this realization.

So, without futher ado, here's what the kids had for Monday's lunch and breakfast.


Chicken fingers, Sweet Potato Fries and Bananas as dessert.


Usually we are supposed to do oven baked potatoes for this meal. I decided to buck tradition a little and offer a healthier solution: Sweet Potato Fries. The kids loved it (and so did I)!!

I'm so sorry there's not a better photo. I was taking this one with one foot out the door.

Carrots, Cucumber, Yogurt Dressing, Hot Dogs, GF Croissant,
Babybel, Deviled Egg.

I thought this one was a really bright idea. We had one of the last birthdays of a classmate yesterday and had to have some "savory" foods. My kids tend to be just a tad picky, so that is what I came up with.  See those croissants?  Let's just say I love them so much, I bought all but two packages on the shelf at our local TOOM Markt!! I'm sure the lady at the register thought I'd lost my mind, but they really are that good!

One package has three croissants, and that's enough for me and the kids!



Lunch was steamed salmon, rice, ketchup and Monte. Since I couldn't squeeze the pickles in the previous photo, I just put them here. I'm not sure exactly why, since it's for breakfast. That would be one of those decisions you make in the heat of the moment I guess.

So, What's cooking in your gluten free kitchen lately?  Feel free to pop a comment down below. I'd love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment